FOCCA FACULDADE DE OLINDA
Established in 1972, Olinda College – FOCCA, a private, non-profit higher education institution, has permanently pursuit the commitment of its founders to promote, in the City of Olinda, quality and excellence in higher education.
It is located in historic Olinda, in the state of Pernambuco, Brazil, a World Cultural Heritage Site, within a collection of architectural eclectic buildings. The City of Olinda is also known as the First Cultural Capital of Brazil, with a unique cultural diversity and a famous carnival.
FOCCA’s main building - in the baroque style – built at the turn of the XIX century, is completely preserved. It is considered one of the major attractions for tourists who visit Olinda.
FOCCA’s main goal today is to prepare the students to a successful labor market entry, within a sense and practice of global perspective and awareness.
Business Administration was the initial program offered by FOCCA.
Today, besides Business Administration, the Institution offers courses at undergraduate level on Accounting, Geography (Environmental Studies Track), Information Systems Management, Law, and Letters (Portuguese and English track). It also offers some Post Degree (Specialization) Programs at Arbitration and Mediation, Business and Public Administration (City Management Track), Accounting and Finance, Applied Linguistics in Portuguese Teaching, Comparative Literature, and Education.
Academic Centers strengthen the learning process at FOCCA. The Centers introduce and support the students in several extra-curricular activities, including orientation to exchange programs.
FOCCA’s internationalization process offers:
- Exchange programs and local support to regular students and scholars;
- Portuguese as a Second Language program;
- Internship and / or volunteerism placement at local institutions;
- “Customized and/or in company” international programs, researches and seminars;
- Customized language and comparative history / sociology program for the University of Pittsburgh/USA scholars and graduate students;
- Portuguese as a Second Language for Americans and Italians;
- Graduate Programs Scholarship or support for Scholars in Chile and Argentina;
- International visitors and speakers from Portugal;
- Legal Orientation to Immigrants in Olinda;
- Hochschule Koblenz University - Germany;
- Associação Portuguesa de Direito do Consumo - Portugal;
- Binational Centers located in Recife.
Exchange Programs Advisor
Prof. Tibério Pedrosa Monteiro
+55 81 98833-7273 - email@example.com